Are You Credentialed?

Over at a financial forum... StJL – Ackman's Pain – "So out of a $4.6 billion investment, Pershing Square got back about $874 million."

We Nattered... Proving that even so called accredited "experts" can get drunk on their own punch bowl. We covered Ackman's bankrupt investment philosophy and felonious folly in Platform Value: The Fall?  Along those lines, re my latest, A Quick $20 Trick, just had some PHD question my "credentials" and ask why he should believe me? The nerve, I don't know, but I'll tell ya… double entendre?
GH - I am old enough to understand the Nattering Nabob of Negativity, the last word of which you left out. This is the first article of yours I have read since I own QUICKLOGIC and so after reading your article and then looking up your description, there is nothing there about your experience, your degrees, whether you have a CFA or are you just a comedian having fun being negative. Why should I believe anything you say unless I see that you have a specialty in technology and really understand technology. For that matter do you really understand the benefits of "always on". These types of companies are easy to take a swipe at and are not very predictable. Have fun being a comic but I'll hang on to my QUIK.
My rejoinder was: GH or should I call you Thomas? - Our moniker was penned by Safire and uttered by a inarticulate and later disgraced Agnew. We too are well aware of the difference between NAY-bob and NA-bob and Negativity.

This is why we stress making money the hard way, by earning it. The self entitlement generation from which we suffer, wants everything served up on a silver platter. Spoiled little children who are the victims of over parenting and have become the "not my fault" generation that refuses to man up, take responsibility for their actions and is expert in spinning lame ass excuses.

Credentials, meh, I know far too many titled CFA Can't Fucking Account or Author, MBA Master Bullshit Artist and PHD Piled High and Deep, that can't figure their way out of a paper bag, or explain what a eurodollar is, or how monetary policy and banking really works. Which I have on ample occasion, my body of work speaks for itself. Try reading it.

Ask a CFA the difference between a micro processor, micro controller and what real time, mission critical, fault tolerant, load balancing, redundant, 6-9's, SCADA and distributed systems management means. I'm quite sure 98% can't answer.

Always on, IOT, the clown, er cloud, makes me LOL. The more things change, the more they stay the same, just a new generation of goof balls, and few and far between who really get it.

The few and proud who know the man behind the mask and the professional, have no doubts, Thomas. However, I never asked you or anyone to believe in anything, other than yourself. Due diligence is incumbent upon the investor and the information presented is worth the consideration given. Double entendre?

Did you enjoy the journey, did you learn something, did the missive make you think? Must have, otherwise I'm not writing this quick response. Notice I did not say wasting time? That's all we do, stir the pot and hope something good comes of it.

I shall leave you with this nugget, life is too short, so every second wasted being angry, is one less second that one can be happy. If I wake up, take a deep breath, and my elbows don't touch wood, its all good in the hood baby. Stay tuned and fight the good fight.  More to come in Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In).

Comments