Shaken, Not Stirred?

Over at a financial forum...  Mkucstars – "Naybob   LOL, I do like a white russian, so sounds good. Once had a bartender who ran out of cream, used Bailey's instead… rather tasty and highly effective :) You pour, I'll roll one, deal?"

We Nattered... Adult cigarettes, beverages and intelligent discourse, your on. My version of the caucasian is called a "Dude", "Death" or generically "mudslide".  


Served in a sturdy "Dudely-Lama" like pint glass, ice all the way up, in order, 1/3 vodka, 1/3 Irish cream whiskey, 1/6 coffee liqueur, top with 1/6 milk, shaken (to bind ingredients which might separate), not stirred.


BTW – shaking a drink, adds texture (ice chards) and aeration, changes the "mouthfeel" and binds ingredients.  Stirring a drink yields a silkier mouthfeel, precise dilution and overall clarity. Influencing to shake drinks that should be stirred, Fleming's Oh-7 and Tom Cruise (Cocktail) ruined drinking.


"Death" tastes innocuous like a milk shake, but is effectively classified by bartenders as a "lady killer". One can add chocolate syrup, mint chocolate liqueur or ice cream, blending reduces the more immediate "on the rocks" effect.  


I call those derivatives "Give Me Liberty".  Hence, when the barkeep asks, whaddya fancy? I can respond, "Give me liberty or give me, death" and then, I usually get one of these.

Comments