The Boundaries of Contribution or The Final Frontier?

Over at Jeffrey P. Snider's Swap Spreads Implicate Huge 'Dollar' Divergence [View article]

The fallout from my latest go round with Kramer...


GhibliN: "If someone doesn't know something, and I feel I have the expertize to answer I'm more than willing to offer one. If I feel someone else is better qualified to answer the question I'll defer it to them."


Excellent boundaries.


GhibliN: "Markets function to separate Fools and their money,"


Welcome to Las Vegas, bring the family and the kids, its an adult theme park, better than Disney. The theme?  Yeah, we'll take your money...


Kramer: "SA is not "free." SA works because people contribute. It is fascinating how many people who think SA is free refuse to contribute to the exchange that makes it valuable."


GhibliN: "My own approach is to educate those of good will with bona fide questions and personal integrity...I am also advocating for the removal of serial spammers' accounts from this website."


As Kramer states, contributing in the exchange is valuable, with certain caveats or guidelines as you suggest. Unfortunately, encouraging "the buzz" of white noise, which seems cost free to the host, leads to page count hit revenue.  In the end, it is all about the money. So due to "the herd" your advocacy may not "be heard".  Heed Kramer in that SA is not "free", not only in his frame of reference, but the above as well.


GhibliN: "I am also a strong advocate of "group mind" intelligence that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts."


The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one. But beware that group mind and its resulting synergy, does not befall the perils of group think.

Comments