An Orange Oompa Loompa?

No Monday Naybob? And in case one forgot, today is the 17th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Once again, not to be mistaken for Tuesday's With Morrie, it's Tuesdays With Trump... 

Yesterday was Yom Kippur, and those observing the holiest day of the year in Judaism, do so with an approximate 25 hour period of fasting and intensive prayer. Also known as the Day of Atonement, the central themes are atonement and repentance.

Fasting, repentance, atonement and remembrance of a massacre?  Along those lines, a massacre in which 17 people were killed... on February 14, 2018, a crazed gunman opened fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, in Parkland, Florida.

On February 26th, while addressing a gathering of 39 state governors at the White House, POTUS #45 painted first responder's who were outside the school at the time of the shooting, as nothing less than cowards of the County:

 “I got to watch some deputy sheriffs performing this weekend, they weren’t exactly medal of honor winners. The way they performed was frankly disgusting.... The way they performed was really a disgrace.”
To put out a fire with gasoline, POTUS #45 continued on this theme, saying he would have acted to stop the gunman had he been there, even if he was unarmed and facing near certain odds of death.
“I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon....and I think most of the people in this room would have done that, too."
Here is the video of that conference courtesy of WaPo....



Alrighty then, unrepentant, without atonement and no fasting for one's ego there?  Here are just a few choice comments from Americans:

"These officers were disgusting, and believe me, I know disgusting, I am the most disgusting person you will ever meet, a lot of people don't know this. Believe me, ask Melania..." - John Holt


I wouldn’t count on it....  you’d run the other way.  The way you did when you were drafted.  YOU are a disgrace." - Eja Moon


"I'd run in there even if I didn't have a weapon!" {It is all about me and how great I am (at lying).}" - Robert Evans


"Would you run as fast as you ran into Vietnam?" - Andres Marcelo Perez


"The BS is strong with this orange goo." - Susan Bodell


"But these guys wrap themselves in Old Glory every time they can… And don't hesitate to send guys to do the job they refused to do. Of course Obama didn't serve either, but at least he didn't use family connections to avoid going with the bottom 90%! - StJL


The Nattering One muses... One imagines an unarmed orange Oompa Loompa running towards a gunman?



Courtesy of Daily Kos - AdamSuperNova

NOOO!!!, one really can't imagine another (Shrub) privileged, entitled, spineless, draft shirkin jellyfish like a Orange Oompa Loompa doing that?  And now this...



Is that #43 and #45's theme song? I dunno, but I'll tell ya...


Recommended reading:  
George W. Bush Was AWOL, But What's "Truth" Got To Do With It?
Donald Trump’s Draft Deferments

Comments