Are You An Atheist?

In response to our holiday post Seasons Greetings 2015, over at SeekingAlpha, Quin asks "Are you an atheist?"

The Nattering One muses...

What does the Christian say? 

I have faith in Jesus and the Holy Scriptures and they have saved me.

What do the Jewish say? I have faith is Moses and the Torah and they have saved me.


What do Buddhists say?  I have faith in Buddha and his teachings and they have saved me.


What does the Hinduist say? 

I have faith in Brahman and the Vedas and they have saved me.

What does a Muslim say? 

I have faith in Mohammed and the Koran and they have saved me.

What does the "pagan heathen" say? (i.e. Indigenous peoples, Greco-Roman mythology, et al) I have faith in my totem poll, deities, scriptures, and they have saved me.

Many different religions can say this: our "religion" or belief system existed long before your people crawled out of a cave and/or their "god" was even imagined. So just leave me alone you self centered temporal (in both senses of the word) programmed stooge.

What do Beatles fans say? Let it be.


What does the atheist say? I have faith in and can save myself, please keep the stooges at bay, bring on the Beatles and let it be.


Hope that answers your question?


Comments