A Three Ring Circus With Kramer - Original

Kramer: "Even when we agree (I'll have to take your word for it), I can't understand a thing you write. It's all winks and nods that only you understand. Reminds me of that Star Trek TNG episode with the aliens who speak only in references to their history. I'm a narcissistic enough writer to know the syndrome. But you've got it bad, man."

We Nattered back... Even when we agree you still don't understand a thing I write? Which would imply, in all cases, you don't understand a thing I write.  And just when I was starting to take a shine to you too.  So I might as well not limit myself here due to your self diagnosed narcissistic syndrome.


This isn't all winks and nods that only I understand. There are quite a few of us who discuss and post missives regarding these issues regularly right here on SA.  And they aren't written in and we aren't talking Klingon like Trekkies.  Mea culpa for being obtuse in your narcissistic "experience".  I will make like Ricky Ricardo an do some 'splainin for you. I apologize in advance for any humorous interjection on my part. But don't worry you won't understand anyway. 
Ever heard the expression, there's a large elephant sitting in the middle of the room?


In A Dollar Melt Up? we Nattered "You would think running consistently large twin deficits and an ever increasing national debt, that our currency would be more Peso like."  - 


Kramer has better than a front row seat at this circus, and there are three elephants staring him in the face, as in twin deficits and the debt. Shhhh! We are talking petting zoo close with the associated animal odors.  Alex (Trebek), what is in my living room? Elephants?


Dollar Exodus, hyperinflation of all things dollar denominated. Dollar Ascendancy, a self reinforcing melt up, both have no happy ending, you finish outside.  Carry trade unwinds, asset mismatches, market dislocations, global economic chaos ensues.  Alex, what is nodding and in my living room? Nodding Elephants?


Unless Goldilocks shows up, the dollar junkies are dammed if they do, and dammed if they don't.  So rather than divest, what about mass repudiation? Game reset. Just flip the monopoly board and start a new game because the bank ran out of money. So guess who walks away from $18 Trillion in national debt?  Alex what is the sum of years of profligate spending and kick the can policy? Winking and nodding elephants in my living room?


If the dollar junkies ever got smart and limited their dollar exposure to 20%, we would then have to deal with those three elephants and the three ring circus that has begat them. Alex what is deficient national policy? Winking elephants being ridden by nodding narcissists in my living room?


Corporate policy (wage suppression, outsourcing to labor at the margin, trade deficits). Governmental policy (corrupt gridlock by design, for sale to the highest bidder, irresponsible fiscal policy, budget deficits). Monetary policy (serial asset bubbles, economic suppression benefiting the few).  Sorry only three horsemen here. No, don't go there, this could cause confusion amongst the elephants and narcissists.


Too many freaks, narcissists and elephants, not enough circuses and we are privileged to have front row seats. For what? Alex, what is or could be the subversion and hijacking of the great experiment? Nodding narcissists riding winking elephants while speaking Klingon in my living room?


And if you still don't get it or need a translation into Klingon, just sit back, watch the show under the big top and fogettaboutit. I'm done here, and by the way, I was howling while I wrote this. But its a visual thing, so I don't know if you'll get it. Like you said, I got it bad man, what can I say?  Again, thank you for a much needed laugh and as always a pleasure Mr. Kramer.  Our exchanges often remind me of this, and now back to your regular programming...

Comments